Rawhide plans

Jonathan Wakely jwakely at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 12:33:39 UTC 2015

On 19/08/15 13:18 -0400, Eric Griffith wrote:
>Rawhide rebrand:
>
>Something akin to openSUSE's "Tumbleweed" name.
>
>Maybe reuse the "Fedora.Next" name? Something that implies its rolling
>release / pre-release. Fedora Testing? For some reason "Fedora Tophat" just
>popped into my head as a pun on hats and being "ontop" of updates.

"Rawhide" already *perfectly* implies rolling to me.

Rollin' rollin' rollin' though the streams are swollen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

Fix the problems (real or perceived) so people stop throwing bottles,
and the name can stay.

It shouldn't be that hard to push the message out that "rawhide no
longer eats babies" via Fedora Magazine, LWN, etc. so that the name no
longer has a bad image.