Rawhide plans

Christopher ctubbsii-fedora at apache.org
Thu Aug 20 14:45:05 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
> On 08/20/2015 03:13 PM, Eric Griffith wrote:
>>
>> If you have a bad experience that experience stays
>> with you. Maybe you can get over it, maybe you can't. But a name does
>> have history.
>

> I guess, you guys are not aware that other names related to RH/CentOS/Fedora
> also have "ambivalent" and "polarizing" connotations?
>
> Actually, I believe "rawhide" is the least one to worry about, because it
> doesn't have any connotation to many people, because most users don't even
> know what rawhide is.

I agree with this. Often when I hear people make disparaging remarks
about Fedora, using terms like "unstable", or "bleeding-edge", or
"unreliable", and I ask them to elaborate, they almost always end up
describing "rawhide", but use the name "Fedora". They don't know what
"rawhide" is, but any negative connotations they've acquired, they've
attributed to "Fedora", not to "rawhide". Granted, this is due to
misunderstanding, but it leads me to agree that the name "rawhide"
isn't important.