Unable to submit update for F22 (was Re: bodhi 2 now live)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Fri Aug 21 06:18:33 UTC 2015

On 08/20/2015 07:39 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Well, I don't know if there was a Big Philosophical Discussion, but in
> practice all kinds of Fedora-ish stuff has its upstream in github these
> days, so yes, clearly times have changed.

That's not the point. I am talking about separating Fedora
web-infrastructure from the web-infrastructure's upstreams.

In this case, I am talking about Fedora's infrastructure
deployment/installation (A Fedora product - Responsible: Fedora) of
bodhi to demand reporting bugs on Fedora's infrastructure to upstream (A
"bodhi-project" product - Responsible: Upstream).

In other words: Nobody with a sane mind would ask users of web shop's
installation to file bugs at Oracle/MySQL etc - This is what is
happening here.

It's a classical case where people with multiple roles are unable to
distinguish their roles.

Ralf