Sponsors - who does (not) work on FE-NEEDSPONSOR tickets

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 21 13:23:33 UTC 2015

> On 08/20/2015 02:50 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>>
>> I was just watching the ongoing reports of want-to-be-contributors how hard is to get sponsored; reports how Fedora
>> Repository stalled [1]; discussion that we actually do not know how many active sponsors we have.
>>
>> [1] https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/growth-of-fedora-repository-has-almost-stalled/
>
> My gut reaction to this is, my god, we don't need *more* packages in Fedora,
> we need more people maintaining the pile we already have.  So I'd like to see
> more packagers added as co-maintainers of packages.

I agree on the part that we should encourage comaintainership.

But I'm still skeptical on the comaintainership process which is much
less transparent than the classic one.
I prefer limiting this to upstream maintainers (which I assume care
about tending to their packages) or someone
that will be closely supervised by an experienced packager.