Unable to submit update for F22 (was Re: bodhi 2 now live)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Aug 21 16:02:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 05:27:37 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> Upstreams, yes, but not Fedora. Fedora should be self-hosted.

Can you please define "Fedora" and "self-hosted" as you use them above?

Fedora is part of the larger open source community.
Fedora Infrastructure uses 100% open source software.

We don't however dictate to all those projects that they must also in
turn use 100% open source tools and hosting. We can surely urge them to
do so, but they are under no obligation to listen to us.

> That said, Fedora should not start being rude and push people around
> to get accounts on other commercial entities and to expose themselves
> to the risks implied by this.

Instead we should be rude and force developers of projects to do what
we want?

Anyhow, for the last time:

github is currently the perferred way to report bodhi2 bugs.
If you have some objection to them, you can file a fedorahosted ticket
or infrastructure fedorahosted ticket. Also, I have been trying to file
tickets on issues I see in mailing lists that aren't filed.

Good day.

kevin