bodhi 2 now live

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 21 18:30:48 UTC 2015

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> No. While we could roll back, it would be a great deal of pain and
> outage, and IMHO things are not "completely and utterly broken". There
> are bugs, we are fixing them, and much faster than we would be using
> the old codebase.

Given how we are dealing with data CORRUPTED by the migration (see also the
issue with the wrong submitters) and with SECURITY issues (people able to
change updates they shouldn't be able to, and even if that bug weren't
there, also the "wrong submitter" issue that will give the false "submitter"
such privileges), rolling the whole thing back to a pre-migration backup,
even if we were to lose all changes made to Bodhi contents (or even to Bodhi
and Koji contents, if we have to roll that back too) since the migration,
would IMHO be the only safe approach.

        Kevin Kofler