Fedora Notifications - howto?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Sat Aug 22 01:01:11 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 10:10:29AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:15:41 +0200
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm still in search of a howto. A howto about the user-interface, the
> > various filters and rules, and real documentation about how to use it.
>
> I don't think there is such a howto, but we could look at creating one.

There's some good description about how the system works and how to use it in
this very thread (much of it from you, Michael, thanks for writing it!)  I
think a good place to record and organize it would be this document:

https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/ansible.git/tree/roles/notifs/frontend/files/fedora-sitedocs/about.rst

which gets rendered by the webapp here:

https://apps.fedoraproject.org/notifications/about

It currently reads more like notes-to-self from the developer [sic] and is a
little dated (it pre-dates the ignore/include flag on individual rules) but it
could be very useful if re-worked to be more user-focused, with stories like
"if you wanted to set up things this way, do this... if you wanted to set up
things that way, do that".