bodhi 2 now live

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at daitauha.fr
Sun Aug 23 03:13:32 UTC 2015

--
Mathieu

On Sat, 2015-08-22 at 19:27 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> FWIW I think the new version looks much nicer than the old one.
> Hopefully the issues will be ironed out.
>
> On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 17:48 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > * The formatting of the update notes has changed in some ways (line
> > breaks
> >   gone missing?), breaking my nicely formatted notes, e.g.:
> >   https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/calamares-1.1.2-1.fc23
> >   (The enumerations were turned into one paragraph with bogus
> > italics.)
>
> This one's a feature I think: updates are already displayed to the
> user in markdown -- at least in GNOME Software, and I think even the
> obsolete GNOME Package Updater, and I think Muon as well? not sure
> about Apper -- so users are going to see your updates in italics no
> matter what. You'd be forgiven for not realizing this, since the web
> interface did not show this. That was a serious problem.

Bodhi 1 did interpret the update notes as Markdown already in the web
interface... for at least the past 5 years.

Bodhi 2 does have some extended Markdown features, compared to Bodhi 1,
but lists and italics were there from the start.

In the case of Kevin's update, the problem is that markdown lists must
have an empty new line before them, like so:

    A paragraph of text:

    * first item
    * second item

Kevin, you used the following, which indeed the Markdown parser turns
into a single paragraph:

    A paragraph of text:
    * first item
    * second item

Bodhi 1 was already doing the same thing with such an input.

--
Mathieu