Unable to submit update for F22 (was Re: bodhi 2 now live)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Sun Aug 23 05:33:12 UTC 2015

On 08/21/2015 06:02 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 05:27:37 +0200
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Upstreams, yes, but not Fedora. Fedora should be self-hosted.
>
> Can you please define "Fedora" and "self-hosted" as you use them above?

A domain 100& operated and owned by Fedora (rsp. RH) and covered by the
Fedora CLA. Whether github is popular does not matter all. It's third
party out of Fedora's control.

What you are doing, means pushing Fedora users around, in what I
consider very rude ways.

> Fedora is part of the larger open source comunity.
> Fedora Infrastructure uses 100% open source software.
All irrelevant.

Bohdi is just a tool used by Fedora, like any other arbitrary tool.

I.e. I am not interested in getting involved in bodhi, I am just using
the bodhi instance Fedora has deployed and I am expecting to have a way
to contact the Fedora personnel to report bugs.

> Anyhow, for the last time:
>
> github is currently the perferred way to report bodhi2 bugs.

And for illiterate: github a legitimate way for upstream, but is not a
way, which is acceptable to Fedora users.
You guys, need to learn to distinguish your roles as upstream and as
maintainers of an installation - These are *not* identical.

> If you have some objection to them, you can file a fedorahosted ticket
> or infrastructure fedorahosted ticket. Also, I have been trying to file
> tickets on issues I see in mailing lists that aren't filed.

I am close to filing a ticket to FESCO and/or the Board/Council, to
request to revert to bodhi one - bodhi2 has proven to suffer from very
ugly bugs and to be close to being unusable.

Ralf