bodhi 2 now live

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:41:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 23/08/15 16:36 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>
>> No, sorry, but that is not true. I wrote those update notes in the Bodhi 1
>>> web interface, so of course I looked at the resulting formatting. Bodhi 1
>>> interpreted that syntax as a list, not as a single paragraph. This is a
>>> change in Bodhi 2 (and IMHO, for the worse, though if there's some
>>> official
>>> Markdown spec that says it should be that way, meh…).
>>>

>> Markdown has no official spec.  The closest you can get is commonmark.
>> Fairly sure, the current parsing is more "correct".
>>
>> http://commonmark.org/
>>

> Some Markdown implementations require the blank line before the list
> (StackOverflow's does), but CommonMark doesn't:
>
>  In CommonMark, a list can interrupt a paragraph. That is, no blank
>  line is needed to separate a paragraph from a following list:
>  http://spec.commonmark.org/0.21/#example-246
>
> So the current parsing doesn't match CommonMark.
>
> --

​The current parsing model seems to work the same way as most other
Markdown enabled systems do (GitHub, BitBucket, Reddit, etc.), where an
empty line is required just before a list or some other block to work. I
always thought it was supposed to be that way, since it looks like
that on Daring
Fireball's spec <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax.text>,
too.​