when DEP-3 compliant patches in Fedora?

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Aug 28 13:47:09 UTC 2015

> I am opposed to any such scheme, because it means we could no longer
> produce
> our patches with diff without hand-editing them.
>
> Such information, if needed, belongs into specfile comments.

Let's do that then. openSUSE already has established required comments
for patches in specfiles: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Pa
tches_guidelines#Patch_markup_.28also_called_.22Tagging_patches.22.29

It works well in practice. It's not hard to write, and it more helpful
than the Fedora tradition of just adding a link to the upstream bug.
Maintainers in openSUSE understand that it is required.