when DEP-3 compliant patches in Fedora?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 30 01:41:32 UTC 2015

Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> It works well in practice. It's not hard to write, and it more helpful
> than the Fedora tradition of just adding a link to the upstream bug.
> Maintainers in openSUSE understand that it is required.

To be honest, I don't see why we need to REQUIRE patch descriptions to begin
with. And especially not more verbose ones than what we have now. A link to
the upstream bug can be enough if the upstream bug contains the needed
information (what the problem is, and what upstream release the fix will be
included in). KDE bug reports usually contain this information, and also the
author of the patch (which shouldn't be a required information though, it's
enough to know that it comes from upstream) and a link to the upstream
commit.

        Kevin Kofler