DNF and mock

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:53:38 UTC 2015

>> I understand that and I will do my best to coordinate the effort
>> here. I'm sure we will be able to provide some patches.
>
> It is going to take quite a bit of thought and effort on how to best
> integrate.  it is something I am planning to get on a roadmap for koji
> 2.0

>> > The work to port the releng tools to dnf has not yet been started.
>> > patches are welcome.
>>
>> Actually, it has, at least to some degree. We work closely with Dan
>> Mach and we already track a bunch of RFEs for hawkey. I don't know
>> which tools are being worked on though, the only one I'm sure about
>> is pungi.
>
> Daniel Mach does not work with Fedora Releng at all. He has not
> communicated to me nor has anyone else. As upstream for pungi and the
> Fedora releng tools I think I am in a pretty good place to know where
> the tools are. If someone is going off and doing something without
> working with me then I am unaware of the work and look forward to
> seeing patches submitted for review.

I would like to also point out that there is a Fedora build systems
mailing list [1] where the discussions should happen and where patches
should be sent for review. I've not seen any discussion, patches or
anything else discussed there regarding any of the above.

Peter

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/buildsys/2015-February/thread.html