Removing Maven depmap support in F23

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 18:18:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com> wrote:
> Next week after branching I will update XMvn in rawhide (F23) to new
> upstream version.  Among other things, this version removes support
> for legacy "depmap" files, which were used by Maven to resolve
> dependencies and which were obsoleted by new metadata format.  As a
> consequence, artifacts installed in packages which don't ship metadata
> in new format won't be resolvable by Maven.

Speaking of XMvn, all of the links to more information about XMvn found here:

https://fedorahosted.org/released/javapackages/doc/#mvn_config

are currently broken.  They point to the following URLs, which return HTTP 404:

"official website" -> http://mizdebsk.fedorapeople.org/xmvn/site/
"basics" -> http://mizdebsk.fedorapeople.org/xmvn/site/configuration.html
"configuration reference" ->
http://mizdebsk.fedorapeople.org/xmvn/site/config.html

Could somebody fix those, please?  Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/