Why there is no sync for libicu soname rebuilds?

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Wed Feb 4 14:34:13 UTC 2015

On 02/04/2015 02:21 PM, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
> Hi,
>   I remember one year back also harfbuzz was attempted by 2 people on
> the same day for libicu rebuilds and now this time 3 builds by 2
> people.
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=606443
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=609035
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=609067
>
> Regards,
> Parag.

harfbuzz 0.9.37-2 was built in f22-boost against new icu, but in
meantime it was updated to 0.9.38-1 in f22. I had to rebuild the new
version again after f22-boost was merged into f22.

I don't know why 0.9.38-3 was built, it looks like unnecessary build.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat