Why there is no sync for libicu soname rebuilds?

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 11:36:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 08:43:52PM +0530, Parag Nemade wrote:
> Thanks David and Mikolaj. I am not sure if separate tag for libicu
> could have finished its rebuilds earlier than building it with boost
> tag.

Faster, yes. Earlier, no. It is not possible to do the two rebuilds
independently, because boost itself depends on icu. Because we were
ready with the icu build at about the same time the boost rebuild
started, we would have to wait for it to finish. It would also mean that
15-20 packages that depend on both boost and icu would be rebuilt twice.

D.