FESCo Elections results

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 20:15:06 UTC 2015

On 5 February 2015 at 06:52, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >   # votes |  name
> > - --------+----------------------
> >     1427  | Kevin Fenzi
> >     1247  | Adam Jackson
> >      919  | Tomas Hozza
> >      818  | Parag Nemade
> >      617  | Debarshi Ray ← GNOME developer
> > - --------+----------------------
> >      540  | Alberto Ruiz ← GNOME developer
> >      441  | David King ← GNOME developer
>
> What does this tell you? :-)

The numbers don't tell anyone anything. Using such numbers in a scientific
paper would be laughed out because the only person bringing up that they
were GNOME developers etc was you. Your attempt to say this is a humorous
aside by putting a smiley does not work. People see it as "Hey I am an
asshole who thinks he can say bullshit and not get called on it because I
put a smiley at the end."  It works for some people, but it doesn't work
for you. Instead it always comes across as "Wow, why would I want to use
whatever this guy is saying is better? I'd look like an asshole too."

Kevin, you do a lot of good things in the #fedora-kde channel and help
people there a lot. Try bringing that person to this and other lists
please. Because that person changes more minds and makes people more likely
to use KDE than emails like this.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.