another input/output question (libinput / pulseaudio / ....)

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:47:16 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

I am happy owner of a Razer 7.1 Chroma Headset (my girlfriend makes
the right presents :))

There are various issues with this product as well as with some
devices in general.
I can of course open separate bug reports for each issue (if needed)

1) As I tried rawhide today with xorg-x11-drv-libinput I noticed that
the Headset is listed as input device
type: keyboard;map:us;
I guess that's because it has a mute button on the retractable micro
(suggestion: libinput type:headset??)

2) In the sound settings it's only stereo listed as profile, it's a 7.1 headset
    (yes, I tried it on Windows and 7.1 headset is not only snake oil)
    It is really poorly documented how to get 7.1 working.

3) The chroma (razer) device series (keyboards,mice,headsets and others)
     have Led's on it which can change the color using the windows driver.
     The Led's work on Linux but there is no tool to change it.
     The chroma series are only the first of this type, more products from
      other companies seem to have/get such feature as well.
      If there was a backend that does changing the color is there any
place in the      gnome ui, where this could be placed (the chroma
devices has mice/headsets/keyboards)?
I have seen using wireshark and a VM how to reverse engineer what the
driver does when changing the color. Question here: where would this
go?
A cmd tool? A seperate gui tools? Can this and if yes how be
integrated to gnome-control-center?

Thanks in advance for any input/output :)

br,
Damian