zeitgeist

Mamoru TASAKA mtasaka at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 6 17:50:05 UTC 2015

Michael Schwendt wrote on 02/07/2015 02:08 AM:
> Somebody please explain to me the "zeitgeist" package management model
> that is being applied at Fedora. From all the open bugs in bugzilla,
>
>    http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/zeitgeist
>
> in none of them there is any activity by those people, who have done
> the last builds in the build system. Are these tickets handled by
> anyone? And if so, how?
>
> What am I missing?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainer_responsibilities

Just info:

- Actually even zeitgeist upstream has no or little active development, so
   even if Fedora downstream maintainers tries to do something
   it can be little expected that these "bugs" can be fixed:

   http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~zeitgeist/zeitgeist/trunk-freedesktop/changes/
   https://answers.launchpad.net/zeitgeist/+question/260500

- As far as I quickly glanced at those bugs, some (many?) bugs don't seem
   to have happened on direct zeitgeist side, and some (many?) bugs seem to
   require GLib knowledge or so, and I doubt reassigning them (to glib2 or so) make
   progress...

Regards,
Mamoru