GTK widget sizing in Rawhide

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Sat Feb 7 03:17:36 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm working on testing wxPython 3.0 (which has now been built against
GTK+3) in Rawhide.  As I'm going through the various wxPython
applications, I'm seeing issues in several of the applications with widget
sizing: buttons, text controls, combo boxes, etc - usually they are too
small.  When I test the same applications (same version, same wxPython,
same wxWidgets), I am not seeing the same issues.  Does anyone know what
might be going on - is there some change in GTK+ 3.15 with respect to
widget sizing or a known issue?

Here are a couple of screenshots that illustrate the issue:

Cura in Rawhide:
http://www.techie.net/~talbert/wxGTK2_vs_wxGTK3/Cura_GTK3.png

Cura in F21:
http://www.techie.net/~talbert/wxGTK2_vs_wxGTK3/Cura_GTK3_F21.png