Results of a test mass rebuild of rawhide/x86_64 with gcc-5.0.0-0.5.fc22

Josh Stone jistone at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 17:49:21 UTC 2015

On 02/10/2015 07:05 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Well, wouldn't you agree that developers should be able to read warnings
> and filter out the serious one?

If a project has more than a screen-full of "harmless" warnings, then
it's very easy to miss when a serious one slips in.  I prefer -Werror so
that nothing gets by, all warnings must be considered.  It's not that
much of a burden after you first get to a warning-free build.

I could see the argument that this approach belongs in upstream
development, not so much distro packaging.  I still think it's useful to
know that any patches applied are warning-free too though.