Mass Fortran rebuilds due to new GCC?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Fri Feb 13 21:21:38 UTC 2015

I need FORTRAN for R and R packages - if it's not 100% for the R
ecosystme I'd consider any bugs to be at least blockers for beta, if
not alpha.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Björn Esser <bjoern.esser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 13.02.2015, 13:53 -0700 schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
>> On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:47:07 -0800
>> Susi Lehtola <jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > as has happened many times before, the GCC bump in rawhide has broken
>> > all Fortran packages, desperately needing a mass rebuild.
>>
>> Can you expand on the breakage? Is it that they no longer rebuild?
>> Or that they no longer run?
>
> I think, he's talking about the fact they are segfaulting…  ;)
>

>> > Unfortunately, rpm is blissfully unaware of any breakage happening
>> > (BZ #1192617) so maintainers won't even know when this breakage
>> > happens.
>> >
>> > Before I start rebuilding packages, are there any plans to do the
>> > rebuilds soon..?
>>
>> There is no mass rebuild this cycle. It would be good to isolate the
>> scope here and see what needs to be rebuilt. Do you have a list of all
>> affected packages or a way to come up with one?
>
> Why is mass rebuild skipped this time?
>
> For this particular case it is:  repoquery --whatrequires libgfortran
>
> Cheers,
>   Björn
>
> --

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.