yum or dnf in the Fedora 22 Docker base image?

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 07:32:49 UTC 2015

On 14. 2. 2015 at 22:28:53, M. Edward  Borasky wrote:
> Right now, the fedora:rawhide image on Docker Hub uses yum instead of
> dnf, as does the Fedora 21 release. Is there any plan to switch this
> release over to dnf?

Not likely. Porting of the system components is being done in F22+. Even if
all the system components were ported, dnf as default is a Change proposed for
F22. Doing this in F21 would not be safe for countless reasons.

> I'm in the process of refactoring my remix - big pieces of it are
> going into Docker images. I'm wondering if it's worth porting the main
> workstation to dnf if the Docker pieces will still be on yum.

You will need to deal with such situation anyway, unless you migrate your
containers to F22 (all at once) at some point in the future.

Thanks
Jan