Can rpmbuild produce a 'build logs' rpm also?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 07:52:12 UTC 2015

On 02/06/2015 11:41 AM, David Howells wrote:
> Can rpmbuild be taught to produce a 'build logs' rpm (or tarball or something)
> that isn't automatically added to the installation set by koji/bodhi and that
> can get generated even in the event of a build failure?

rpmbuild is very low level tool. I doubt it have sense there.

Mock is able to do that using chroot_scan plugin
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock/Plugin/ChrootScan

So this is merely about Koji/Copr to use some standard location. And the "standard" is key here.
Because there is no standard there. I suggest you to create some draft of such standard and talk to Fedora Packaging
Committee.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS