ANNOUNCE: OCaml compiler will be updated in Fedora Rawhide

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 12:04:55 UTC 2015

OCaml is a fast, type-safe practical language that compiles to native
binaries.

I'm going to update the OCaml compiler to 4.02.1 (the latest
upstream).  This change will only affect Rawhide, *not* Fedora 22.

This update is a simple progression along the upstream stable branch,
so I don't expect there to be any major problems.  It will however
require a rebuild of most OCaml packages in Fedora, which I will
handle over the next few days.

If you want to follow development work on OCaml in Fedora 23, see the
fedora-23-4.02 branch of this repo:

  https://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-ocaml.git

This is the script that I use to do OCaml mass rebuilds:

  http://git.annexia.org/?p=goals.git;a=blob;f=fedora_ocaml_rebuild.ml

Rich.