yum or dnf in the Fedora 22 Docker base image?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Feb 16 17:31:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think the F22 and Rawhide (Is it F23 at this point), should both use dnf
> not yum.  We need to get more testing on dnf in containers.

I'm ready to start testing F22 containers either way and would prefer
dnf. What's the best process to get this rolling? Who owns the image -
release engineering or Project Atomic? The reason I ask is that
Project Atomic has their own mailing list and uses Trac, not the Red
Hat Bugzilla, for issue tracking.

Either way, my main upstream component (RStudio Server) may end up
stuck with F21 - it doesn't link with the latest Boost right now and
they only support CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu.
--
OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.