Copr routinely swamped by nightly builds

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Feb 17 04:34:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have repeatedly run into insane delays (hours) for my builds to happen
(read: to even start, i.e., to get out of the "pending" phase), because
lately, some automated nightly builds have been monopolizing the builders
every night. The worst are the Python 3 nightly builds from
churchyard/python3-nightly that sometimes take hours to build (and in the
best case, still around 50 minutes)!

IMHO, one of 2 things needs to happen:
a) Copr gets a massive increase of resources (builders) to handle the load,
OR
b) we disallow nightly builds of huge packages such as python3 in Copr,
because the infrastructure does not scale to that kind of load.

        Kevin Kofler