Copr routinely swamped by nightly builds

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 10:35:57 UTC 2015

> IMHO, one of 2 things needs to happen:
> a) Copr gets a massive increase of resources (builders) to handle the load,
> OR
> b) we disallow nightly builds of huge packages such as python3 in Copr,
> because the infrastructure does not scale to that kind of load.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Wouldn't it be better to (c) implement some sort of 'fair' scheduling
instead of a pure first-come-first-serve system?

Because (a) sounds unlikely, and (b) seems hard to define properly
(what is a 'huge' package? when is 'night'? and when are people
allowed to do these builds?) and also hard to enforce.

- Thomas