npth (was: Re: Orphaning and seeking comaintainers of some packages)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:19:44 UTC 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 18:13:29 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:

> > nPth - The New Pth library : isn't that one of the forks of "pth" to be
> > developed more actively?
> >
> > It isn't used by any package yet according to repoquery.
> >
> > It has been imported just 23 months ago. Are you aware of any anything
> > that uses it?
>
> Maybe you don't use rawhide?

True. It breaks my installations too often (and when I retry fedup, it
gives a 404 not found error, and I always forget the special invocation
or Wiki pages that may make it work).

But I could have pointed repoquery at rawhide.

> gnupg2 uses it for a long time.

Same author. ;-)

> You can query the dep info on rawhide
> machine, 3 packages need it: gnupg2, gnupg2-smime and npth-devel.

So, just gnupg2 so far, since gnupg2-smime is a subpkg, and npth-devel
belongs to npth (obviously). Okay. One should give it more time and
see whether any issues will come up during the F22 test cycle then.