deadline for fedora org to appy in google summer of code 2015

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:28:18 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:21:47AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:48 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> >> No, it isn't official.  I've heard a few comments to that effect over
> >> the past few weeks, but I'm not aware of any on-list discussion.
> >
> > Anything public?
> > I am asking as I was in close contact and helping the admins managing the
> > Fedora organization for GSoC last year and I have not heard anything and thought
> > we were going to apply as usual.
>
> I may have misunderstood the conversation I'm remembering.  Apologies
> for any confusion.
>
> I think someone needs to step up as the main coordinator for Fedora
> and work with OSAS to make sure this is set.

That was similar to the note I was writing just now.  If we have
trusted folks who've stepped up to own the coordination effort, just
make sure the Fedora component of OSAS also knows who they are, and
can contribute as needed to the application process.

Regardless of how critical the GSoC projects are, they're a good way
to mentor open source contribution.  And as they say, the rising tide
lifts all ships.

If there are questions about the admin side, where's the best place to
have such discussions?  Seems OT for this list.