Removal of Fedora Planet post links from start.fedoraproject.org

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 17 16:29:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 05:12:35PM +0100, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> > Often, those posts were not Fedora related, and generally out of our
> > control. I'm glad you found them usually interesting — that's valuable
> > feedback.
>   I was under impression Fedora about community and friendship.
> Not about control.

I didn't mean control in some sort of fascist sense. Simply that often
posts are not related to the Fedora community at all, and we really
_didn't_ want to be draconian about locking that down. We're not
shutting down the planet aggregator, and if you prefer it as a start
page, <http://planet.fedoraproject.org/> is still a a thing.

If there's general consensus that people really prefer it on the
default start page, we can revisit that for the next design.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>