[Proposal] Ring-based Packaging Policies

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 11:52:29 UTC 2015

Hi

> What is wrong with using Copr for the "ring packages". It already works
> just fine (may be BZ is missing). There are no reviews, no guidelines,
> you can bundle ... I believe that everybody understands that while Copr
> is supported by Fedora, you are using these packages on your own risk. I
> can't imagine better state.

That's easy to imagine

*  Searching for packages in copr from the command line and GUI should be
trivial
*  There should be a difference between experimental random builds of the
day and packages which have gone through some review process even if it
does include some bundling
*  Formalized bug reporting
*  pkgdb, tagger, bodhi etc

Rahul