systemd-219 issues with 22 and Rawhide composes

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 17:02:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 17:43 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/20/2015 05:11 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
> > Also, NM fixed a similar issue with /etc/resolve.conf in their code a
> > long time ago, to my knowledge. Am I so misguided to assume that
> > Anaconda can fix a fricking file copy too, in all those months?
>
> Maybe it is time to step back and consider if replacing /etc/resolv.conf
> with a symbolic link is something that can be reasonably implemented
> from a backwards compatibility perspective?
>
> Usually, if we face this much trouble within Fedora itself, it's a good
> indicator of the pain that we'll have to deal with downstream.

I would love to know the outcome of this discussion, since we just made
a change to NetworkManager git master (will be version 1.2, target
Fedora 23) to make /etc/resolv.conf a symlink when it's under NM's
control.  If there are problems here, we want to know too.

* NM won't replace a symlinked /etc/resolv.conf that doesn't point to
NM's copy in /var
* You can disable this behavior with "dns=none"
in /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf and manage resolv.conf on
your own too

Dan