Strange issues with octave+swig+UTF8 in rawhide

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 20 23:45:53 UTC 2015

The check in the plplot package for the octave bindings are failing in
rawhide.  I point my finger at gcc :), but I have no idea what is going on so
just putting this out there.

plplot uses a swig generated interface for the octave wrapper.  By the time
the swig wrapper is calling the plplot C function I'm seeing UTF8 string
pointers pointing to garbage (or perhaps just off by a byte, who knows).

I've rebuilt swig, then octave, but no avail.  So, if anyone sees anything
strange in this regard and fixes it, let me know.

- Orion

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com