[Test-Announce] Fedora 22 Branched 20150218 nightly compose nominated for testing

Alexander Ploumistos alex.ploumistos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:35:15 UTC 2015

I downloaded the generic x86_64 boot iso from
https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/mash/branched-20150218/22/x86_64/os/images/boot.iso
which was linked to from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_22_Branched_20150218_Installation
and went on to install it in a vm on a fedora 21 host. After 3-4
unsuccessful installation attempts and a lot of tweaking in
virt-manager, I managed to get it going. After it was done and
rebooted, I got to a gdm screen without any users listed, I was unable
to switch to another vt and when the lock screen appeared, I couldn't
make it go away whether I typed on the keyboard or rolled the scroll
wheel on my mouse. I could ssh to the vm, which I did and found that
probably wayland is to blame for not being able to log in. However,
what struck me as odd was this:
# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 3.20.0-0.rc0.git9.1.fc23.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed
Feb 18 22:01:10 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Why would I end up with an f23 kernel?