Self Introduction: Dave Melia

Dave Melia dave at thinklinux.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 13:47:53 UTC 2015

Hello!

My name is Dave Melia and I am in the processes of becoming a package
maintainer for the Fedora Project.
I am a Linux Engineer for The Hut Group, and I became interested in
becoming a package maintainer after building packages for our internal
repo at work.  We use Cobbler as our repository, and Puppet to
distribute the packages to our developers.  I am a Fedora advocate, I
run it on my desktop and my laptop at home, my desktop in the office,
and we run RHEL/CentOS for our servers; contributing to Fedora seemed
like the right choice!

I have been passionate about Linux and Open Source for ~15 years and
have always wanted to contribute and give back to the community.
Unfortunately my coding skills would not be up to standard and my
technical writing is terrible... SO!  I decided that package management
would be the way to go!

I'm not too sure specifically which packages I'd like to maintain, but I
am open to contribute to anything.

Over the past few months I've started my own blog to document the things
that I learn (Terrible short-term memory!).

Oh, and I have a Tux tattoo on my wrist.

I'm not too sure what else to add to this so I'll wrap up.

Thank you for reading!

Regards,

Dave

--