Idea: Apache configuration snippets

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 22 17:17:55 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-21 at 22:21 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> would it make sense to provide these in some common package as
> 'snippets' that could be included into configuration files? Then we
> could have something like:
>
> <Directory /usr/share/owncloud/>
>     Include auth-local.inc
> </Directory>
>
> instead of schlepping the boilerplate around. And if we have any
> more 2.2/2.4 situations in future we can handle them by changing
> just a handful of files. And whenever EL 6 finally dies, we can drop
> the 2.2 bits easily.

In fact, if we put the snippets in the Apache package or some package
which is tied to Apache versioning, we can drop all the <IfModule>
stuff - Apache 2.2 packages would carry snippets that use Allow/Deny,
Apache 2.4 packages would carry snippets that use Require. Packaged
web apps can just include the appropriate snippet and not worry.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey