Is Fedora Have Backdoor ?!

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Feb 22 21:04:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 22:59:06 +0200
مصعب الزعبي <moceap at hotmail.com> wrote:

> No it's a real problem .. What the information by 443 port that
> shared by NetworkManager !!! to un-local servers .
>
> THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF BACKDOOR !!!

It's hard to say what you are talking about here, but I suspect it may
be the NetworkManager connectivity check.

You can disable it by commenting out the lines
in /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/20-connectivity-fedora.conf or removing
the NetworkManager-config-connectivity-fedora package (however this
will remove gnome-shell and gdm and others).

It's not by any means a backdoor. It's intended on the workstation
spin. It's used to check that you are on-line or behind a captive
portal or the like.

kevin