Is Fedora Have Backdoor ?!

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Feb 22 21:11:23 UTC 2015

* مصعب الزعبي:

> Hi , I got a message from my friend a programmer.
>
> And he asked me , Is Fedora have a backdoor !!!
>
> He got a two domains without any control of him and without updates enabled and controlled by NetworkManager , domains are :
>
> vm3.fedora.ibiblio.org
>
> proxy3.fedoraproject.org
>
> And both directed to https://apps.fedoraproject.org/#FedoraApps

Hi Mosaab,

Fedora uses a mirror list service.  This service tells the Fedora
updater where it can download updates.  Please tell your friend that
this is completely normal.  In fact, it is required to keep his Fedora
installation up to date and secure.

Florian

PS: Please do not start a new discussion by replying to an existing
message.  Please write your question as an email message from scratch.