Is Fedora Have Backdoor ?!

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Feb 22 21:26:25 UTC 2015

Am 22.02.2015 um 22:20 schrieb Florian Weimer:
> * Reindl Harald:
>
>> sorry *but* "He got a two domains without any control of him" does not
>> make any sense to me, it still does not
>
> The two host names he mentioned are used to host
> wildcard.fedoraproject.org.  His friend is concerned because he sees
> connection attempts to them even though they are not related to his
> system setup, and he is not aware of having configured them
> explicitly.

that has some meaning and in case of taking strong words like "backdoor"
in my mouth and accuse the distribution that way i expect it not
expressed in riddles nor am i really open for "my friend said backdoor"
because in that case that friend should express what he sees by himself
and not like "a friend of my friends mother said"

> Has this never happened to you?  That a piece of new software you have
> installed triggers some network activity you cannot immediately
> explain?

surely, but that's not "got two domains" and if someone is blamig every
otgoing connection he has a fulltime job