New Upstream Release Monitoring Systems

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 16:58:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 12:33:29PM +0100, Petr Hracek wrote:
> In our project called rebase-helper https://github.com/phracek/rebase-helper
> we would like to analyze a new upstream version against an old upstream
> version
> and let user now what is changed. E.g. Binaries are missing, soname bump
> change, header files are missing etc.
>
> Is there any possibility how to integrate a tool (e.g. rebase-helper) to
> upstream release monitoring system?

Wow.  This looks great and I'd love to have it integrated into
the-new-hotness (that's the Fedora-specific daemon that files bugs and
tries scratch builds).

The relevant code is here:  https://github.com/fedora-infra/the-new-hotness/blob/develop/hotness/buildsys.py#L78-L123

Want to try your hand at adding it in?  Stop by #fedora-apps when you
have time to chat about it and we can work on the details if you like.

We're entering infrastructure Alpha freeze later today, so we wouldn't
be able to push this out for a few weeks at the earliest.