F22 System Wide Change: Legacy implementations of the Java platform in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 25 00:31:59 UTC 2015

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> = Proposed System Wide Change: Legacy implementations of the Java platform
> in Fedora =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LegacyJDKsInFedora
>
> Change owner(s): Jiri Vanek <jvanek at redhat.com>

IMHO, this is not implementable for a simple practical reason: All the JARs
we ship are built from source with our default JDK. They will in general NOT
work on any JRE that's older than the default JDK. (A JRE/JDK that's NEWER
than the default JDK can work though, e.g., the java-1.8.0-openjdk packages
in Fedora 19 and 20. But we were already providing those.)

        Kevin Kofler