Hardened builds

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:53:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Mamoru TASAKA
<mtasaka at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Does
> %undefine _hardened_build
> help?

Thanks for the suggestion, but regrettably, now %configure does this:

checking C++ compiler ... ok (g++ is GCC 5.0)
determining architecture ... ok (x86_64)
determining compiler flags ... ok
   CFLAGS=%{optflags} -I%{_includedir}/eigen3 -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Wall
   CXXFLAGS=%{optflags} -I%{_includedir}/eigen3
-Wno-unused-local-typedefs -ftemplate-depth-200 -Wall
-Wno-strict-aliasing -Wno-parentheses -fwrapv -fopenmp
checking gmp installation ... Could not compile a test program
checking for the GNU Multiprecision Library (GMP).
The complete error log follows:
g++: error: %{optflags}: No such file or directory

I'm going to sleep on it and see what I can come up with tomorrow.

The mock explosion, by the way, appears to be unrelated.  I think what
happened is that I did one mock run with -r fedora-rawhide-x86_64,
then wanted to do another without blowing away the first, so I added a
--uniqueext argument.  Then later, I did a mock --clean
--uniqueext=...., and after that the next mock --rebuild ...
--uniqueext=... threw that error.  I will try to reproduce later and
file a bug report.

Regards,
--
Jerry James