repo-mirrorlist quality control?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Feb 25 15:10:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 13:49:47 +0100
Richard Z <rz at linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when doing yum update in the last few weeks I am seeing thousands of
> errors like

...snip...

> and
>
> http://mirror.netcologne.de/fedora/linux/updates/21/i386/drpms/autocorr-en-4.3.5.2-11.fc21_4.3.6.2-3.fc21.noarch.drpm:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found Trying other mirror.

Does a:

'yum clean all'
then retrying help/solve it?

If so, then you have cached metadata thats older than a few days.
If not, then it's indeed those mirrors that are out of sync.

> While very rarely some other mirrors have problems, netcologne seems
> to be failing systematically for me.
>
> Is it just me? Is there some place to report?

You can report it to the mirror-admin list
( https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/mirror-admin)
Or bring it up to infrastructure folks and we can try and contact the
mirror admins directly for that mirror.

Perhaps one thing we should revsit is dnf/yum metadata caching times on
the various repos to align with how often we push updates.

kevin