Taking ownership of html2text on EPEL6

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 16:23:08 UTC 2015

Dne 25.2.2015 v 17:18 Troy Dawson napsal(a):
> On 01/09/2015 02:41 PM, Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I will be taking ownership of html2text on EPEL6.
>> I am already the maintainer for EPEL7, but I missed the notification
>> that the EPEL6 version was being orphaned because of filters.
>> Troy Dawson
>>
> Hi All,
> This has turned out to be much more painful than the documentation [1]
> would have you believe.
>
> Anyway, I've eventually managed to become the maintainer for EPEL6, but
> my problem now is that it's blocked.  I cannot build the package.
>
> Can someone unblock html2text on epel6 and/or point me to the
> documentation that says how to unblock a package.
>
> Thank You
> Troy
>
> p.s. If someone wants to talk with me about updating the documentation,
> I can talk to you about the pain points.  But I didn't want that to be
> the focus of this email.
>
> [1]
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_an_Orphaned_Package_Procedure

Quoting from [1]:

> 5. Request that the Release Engineering team
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering> unblock the package
for the releases that the package should be un-retired for via their
trac instance <https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/newticket>. In this
request, please post a link to the completed re-review and clearly
specify which branches should be unblocked.

So you were are on the right path.

Vít

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claiming_Ownership_of_a_Retired_Package