i686 kernel bug priority plan

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Feb 26 04:26:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 08:15:51 -0500,
  Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>This is an opportunity for community members for whom i686 is a
>passion to join the team to participate in the bugfixing required. We
>previously called out the need for assistance[2], but had no
>substantial response. We hope that being transparent about our
>priorities will prompt interested community members to help. If you
>are interested to help, here are some resources to get started:

I try to help with the bugs I run accross. I do bisects to try to find
commits and have some interactions with upstream and report back when
there are fixes.

I can't afford to replace my old hardware just now. I mostly use PAE
kernels, except for a backup laptop that can't do them.

I am not good enough at working with kernel code to be able to do much
more than than try to find the commit that triggers a problem and provide
various logs to help with debugging.