F22 System Wide Change: Legacy implementations of the Java platform in Fedora

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 13:54:20 UTC 2015

> = Proposed System Wide Change: Legacy implementations of the Java platform in
> Fedora =
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LegacyJDKsInFedora
>
> == Detailed Description ==
> This is no real work proposal.

Stepping back, I’m not sure this has been said explicitly: this is really a packaging guideline proposal, not really a Change, so it should probably go through the FPC.  (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_Committee?rd=Packaging:Committee#Guideline_Change_Procedure )

(This is not intended to kill or affect the implementation details discussion at all.  I’m just trying to minimize the bureaucracy (hah!) by not setting a precedent for doing it this way, so that all future packaging guideline proposals go directly to the FPC and skip this redirection step.)
    Mirek