Intend to retire kde-plasma-daisy

Michael J Gruber mjg at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 26 14:24:25 UTC 2015

Hi there

this is a heads up notice that I intend to retire kde-plasma-daisy, the
reasons being:

- no upstream updates in almost 3 years

- FTBFS in rawhide because there's no kde-workspace{-devel}

- I don't use it myself.

- Repackaging for Plasma 5 would probably require a new package
plasma-daisy (which should not pass review, given upstream is dead), or
a kde5-plasma-daisy subpackage (but then the spec would still FTBFS), or
who knows what. I certainly don't know and don't see any specs to follow.

If anyone would like to take over I'm happy to pass the package on
rather than retire it.

Retirement is planned for rawhide and, possibly also the F22 branch,
depending on what will remain in there kde-wise.

Michael

[1]https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kde-plasma-daisy/