F22 System Wide Change: Legacy implementations of the Java platform in Fedora

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 15:06:01 UTC 2015

On 02/26/2015 02:51 PM, Jiri Vanek wrote:
> Small restart.
>
> Looking to the discussion, although many people claimed  "against any
> rules" at the end it seems to me that everybody agree on "some rules" -
> even if it would be existence of metapackage or only removed virtual
> provides and priority....
> From  that point of view, do you mind to help me to improve those rules?

As always I'm happy to help improving state of Java in Fedora. Next week
I'm on vacation [1], but after I come back I can work on this. Once we
agree on requirements and other assumptions then finding optimal
solution should be easy.

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/vacation/#m2268

--
Mikolaj Izdebski