Libinput now enabled as default xorg driver for F-22 workstation installs

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Feb 26 17:11:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:49:48 +0100
Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes, we need to maintain both stacks for a while anyways for e.g.
> lxde users, etc. Given that XFCE now supports libinput too, we could
> reconsider this and make xorg-drv-libinput a hard dep of the X server
> so that everyone gets it, but officially we are past the end of the
> feature merge window.
>
> Peter, any thoughts on this ?

Note that Xfce does have support commited to the 4.11.x branch, but
thats not in Fedora currently. :) We could backport that patch to 4.10,
but we are hoping there might actually be a 4.12 release this coming
weekend, and if all looks good/stable in rawhide, we might push for a
late f22 change to get it in f22.

If all that happens, then yes, we would be fine with a libinput
change. ;)

kevin